Real Estate Attorney
Meyer Suozzi seeks an experienced Commercial Real Estate Attorney with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience with complex commercial acquisition and disposition transactions, working on debt and equity sides of transactions including the acquisition, disposition, leasing, ownership, development and financing of commercial real estate.
Candidate should have experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating leases, purchase and sale agreements and loan documents. Portable business will be considered as part of any discussion of a compensation package. Candidates must possess strong academic credentials and have excellent communication and writing skills.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please send resume for immediate consideration to Managing Attorney Patricia Galteri at [email protected].
Employment Law Attorney
As part of Meyer Suozzi’s commitment to strategic growth, the firm is seeking Associate(s), lateral Partner(s) and/or Of Counsel. Candidates should have a minimum of five (5) years of experience as management counsel in all facets of New York and Federal employment laws (e.g., wage and hour, trade secret law, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, ADEA, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, and similar state laws) including counseling employers concerning the status of and developments in the law as it affects such businesses and their employees. Candidate should also have transactional experience such as the negotiation and drafting of employment agreements (including executive employment agreements), termination and severance agreements, employee handbooks and anti-discrimination policies. It is essential that the candidate have experience providing advice and counsel to employers/management on workplace law issues. Litigation skills a plus but not required, however, the candidate is expected to have meaningfully interacted with Federal and State agencies concerning claims, and the investigation of claims, filed with the New York City Human Right’s Commission, New York State Division of Human Rights and the EEOC. A measurable level of portable business will be considered as part of any discussion of a remuneration package for any lateral Partner and/or Of Counsel. Candidates must possess strong academic credentials and have excellent communication and writing skills. For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Managing Attorney Patricia Galteri at [email protected].
As part of Meyer Suozzi’s commitment to strategic growth, the firm is seeking lateral Partners or Of Counsel/Associates, with a proven ability to attract and retain business, for its transactional Corporate Law practice. Opportunities also exist for lateral groups of two or more attorneys. For more information, please contact [email protected].
Click here to contact
Why Meyer Suozzi?
When joining Meyer Suozzi, you become an integral part of the firm from day one. Lateral Shareholders promptly derive benefits to their practices from the following:
- Introductions to key attorneys and clients with synergies to your practice;
- Training in the Firm’s Information Technology programs and systems and in-house helpdesk support whenever needed;
- Support from a Marketing and Business Development team who will help to expand your business with the creation of a customized action plan, a forecast and budget of activities necessary to reach your goals and guidance in both public relations and internal communications;
- Participation in both structured and unstructured events that provide opportunities for socializing with colleagues, including a weekly Shareholder luncheon to keep you informed of relevant and timely firm- and practice-related topics; and
- The ability to work seamlessly from both our New York City and Garden City offices.
Once you have had a chance to settle, the firm provides a wide range of opportunities for business development, growth and advancement. They include:
- An excellent platform for developing and originating new business, by way of cross-selling the firm’s diverse practice areas, outside of your own;
- One-on-one coaching and lunch and learn training programs aimed at developing skills to improve your network of established business relationships and develop new business; and
- Opportunities to be involved in the management of the firm via Committee participation and/or serving as a rotating member of the Management or Compensation Committees.
Meyer Suozzi’s compensation system reflects collaboration and teamwork in servicing our clients. Compensation is determined annually by a rotating Compensation Committee, comprised of Shareholders across practice areas and seniority levels. All Shareholders are encouraged to offer performance information to the Compensation Committee. When a new lateral Shareholder join the firm, the Shareholder and the firm collaborate to build an individualized long-term strategy that supports competitive and equitable compensation.