March 20, 2018
5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Rare View Rooftop – Chelsea on top of Hilton Hotel Fashion District
152 West 26th St | Floor 23
New York, NY 10001
5:30 PM / Registration
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM / Program
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM / Networking/Social
As a member of the in-house community, please plan to attend CLE With A View – Arbitration of Commercial Disputes Hot Topics and Tips From the Judges for CLE & Socializing at the Rare View Rooftop on 3/20. Invite your in-house friends and colleagues to register at NO COST - obtain CLE credit and enjoy cocktails & conversation with your colleagues while enjoying a fabulous view! Join us for this special Global Membership Month event to explore the significant savings in time, expense and effort enjoyed by all ACC members – and have FUN doing it!
The CLE program will focus on the benefits of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and more specifically, hot button issues that affect commercial disputes in arbitration today. Given the cost in terms of time, expense, and uncertainty of litigating in the court system, arbitration is a cost-effective and time-efficient alternative to the unpredictability of litigation. Arbitration affords the parties many advantages including confidentiality and privacy, controlled discovery, input into the selection of the arbitrator and finality by virtue-of limited rights to appeal. Participants will have an opportunity to hear from three of NAM’s highly regarded neutrals who are retired judges.
Topics for Discussion:
- Standard for determining whether a contract provides for all arbitrators to be neutral or non-neutral and a discussion of the dynamics of the tri-panel
- Obtaining immediate injunctive relief in arbitration
- Managing ESI in arbitration
- Availability of non-party subpoenas in arbitration and sanctions for noncompliance
- Availability of dispositive motions in arbitration
- Obtaining a default award
1 CLE Credit
For more information on the event, click here.