Online Payments

Need to speak to someone?
Give us a call.

(800) 734-0565

Meyer, Suozzi, English & Klein, P.C.

By using our website, you agree to the terms of our Privacy Policy


Richard Fromewick Authors, "If Nassau Tax Assessment is Wrong - You Can File for Correction"

Jun 24, 2019

With the 420,000 plus reassessments, there were bound to be many errors. Well, the Assessor’s office outdid themselves and there are hundreds of out-and-out mistakes.

Petitions to correct market value judgment calls have already been filed. However, we can file applications to correct mistakes throughout the year. A typical mistake would be a property with 1/2 acre mistakenly coded as 2 acres, a 3 family residence incorrectly coded as a 4 unit commercial rooming house; a commercial industrial building mistakenly coded as fully rented although it is vacant. Mistakes happen and that is why the application to correct errors must be made before the tax bills are prepared for next year.