Land Use Law, Environmental Compliance & Government Regulations
Meyer Suozzi is recognized throughout Long Island and New York State for providing strategic, practical legal solutions to local governments as either General Counsel or Special Counsel. We are called upon to assist municipalities, government officials and their staff in navigating complex local, state and federal laws relating to governance. Our experience includes:
- Administration and Legislation
- Permits and Municipal Approvals
- Property Development and Permit Processes
- Zoning, Subdivision and Land Development
- Real Estate Transactions (and Proposed Transactions)
- Article 78 Proceedings and Declaratory Judgment Actions
- Tort Actions
- Civil Rights Claims
- Counseling on Air, Soil and Water Quality; Solid Waste Disposal
- Counseling on Asbestos and Lead Paint Removal
- SEQRA Compliance
- Environmental Regulation
- Ethics, Fraud and Corruption Investigations
- Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) Requests
- Government Contracts and Procurement
- Open Meetings Law
- Code Violations and Enforcement
- Daily Administrative Tasks
In addition, and when necessary, our attorneys vigorously defend the decisions and actions of municipalities, officials and its employees.
Our comprehensive knowledge of state, local and federal laws as well as regulatory practices and policies is vital to the successful representation of our clients. Our group includes current and former members, who have served in various political and judicial positions, including Town Supervisor, Suffolk County Executive, NYC Deputy Mayor, Glen Cove Mayor, New York Secretary of State, and Justices of the Supreme Court and Appellate Division, Second Department and Court of Appeals. We know how government works from the inside, and because government officials respect our knowledge, experience, thoroughness and professionalism, we can more effectively represent our clients.
Meyer Suozzi is affiliated with Holbrook-based law firm Germano & Cahill, P.C. This Of Counsel association bolsters Meyer Suozzi’s municipal, land use and zoning practices, and broadens the services we already provide to clients in the Eastern Long Island region.
990 Stewart Avenue, Suite 300
Garden City, NY 11530
1300 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036