Online Payments

Need to speak to someone?
Give us a call.

(800) 734-0565

Meyer, Suozzi, English & Klein, P.C.

By using our website, you agree to the terms of our Privacy Policy


Richard Fromewick Featured in Long Island Herald's Ask the Lawyer

Aug 13, 2013Real Estate Law

Publication Source:


Q: If my Nassau County tax assessment was reduced last year do I have to file again this year?

A: The answer is yes. Every year is separate, and if a property also pays Village taxes then a separate complaint has to be filed for that as well. Since tax assessments are not at full value, the ratio of assessment to value might change from year to year and the condition of the property and the economy changes as well. All of these factors have to be considered when deciding if an assessment is too high. If you have further questions with respect to the tax grievance filing process, you should speak with an attorney.

Click here to view other 'Ask the Lawyer' Q&A prepared by Meyer Suozzi attorneys.