Huntington, NY – Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center honored 13 public-interest attorneys at its 9th Annual Goods and Services Auction on April 5.
The lawyers were recognized as “2006 Outstanding Public-Interest Attorneys” – and, in that spirit, the Auction raised enough money for 13 public-interest awards for students who help the area’s neediest clients.
Touro Summer Public Interest Law Fellows defend the victims of domestic abuse, protect the rights of refugees from violence from around the world, help charitable organizations and work with advocacy groups. This year’s event raised nearly $40,000, enough for the 13 paid fellowships.
Touro is one of the only law schools in the country with a pro-bono requirement for its graduates. Long Island attorneys honored this year include:
- Ilene J. Behar, Hoffman & Behar LLP
- Judith A. Eisen, Garfunkel, Wild & Travis, P.C.
- Victor Grossman, Dilworth & Barrese, LLP
- Colleen Kerwick, Cullen and Dykman LLP
- Nazar Khan, Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Donna-Marie Kort, Certilman Balin Adler & Hyman, LLP
- Linda Tennen Kushner, Law Offices of Linda Tennen Kushner
- A. Thomas Levin, Meyer, Suozzi, English & Klein, P.C.
- David E. Paseltiner, Jaspan Schlesinger Hoffman LLP
- Adam Rosen, Rosen Slome Marder LLP\
- Donald J. Schwartz, Forchelli, Curto, Schwartz, Mineo, Carlino & Cohn, LLP
- Harold Somer, Nassau Volunteer Lawyers Project, Nassau/Suffolk Law Services Committee Inc.
- Louis Vlahos, Farrell Fritz, P.C.