Steven T. Cheng
Garden City, NY
Fax: (516) 741-6706
Fax: (212) 239-1311
American Bar Association
New York Bar Association
State of New York
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Steven T. Cheng is an Associate in the Corporate Department at Meyer, Suozzi, English & Klein, P.C. Mr. Cheng focuses his practice on general corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and other business and financial transactions. He represents corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, from startups to established companies, on a variety of matters, including, structuring, drafting and negotiating transactions, corporate governance, securities offerings, and their day-to-day operations. Mr. Cheng also represents issuers, lenders and borrowers in their funding activities, including joint ventures, equity investments, and debt financings.
Notable experience includes:
- Represented a transnational pharmaceutical company in connection with its acquisition of a privately-held pharmaceutical company.
- Represented a publicly-traded medical device company in connection with its participation as lead investor in a venture capital financing and the grant to the public company of an option to acquire the private company based on future milestones.
- Represented a NYSE-listed company and its subsidiary in the acquisition of a mortgage origination business in a Section 363 bankruptcy sale.
- Represented a US-subsidiary of an AIM-listed information technology company in its strategic acquisition of a US information technology and support services company.
- Represented an international medical device company in several rounds of debt financing from venture capital firms.
- Represented private investors in connection with multiple private equity and debt transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Cheng was a corporate associate at an international law firm.