On March 27th, Hanan Kolko will speak at the Practicing Law Institute Event, “Understanding Employment Law 2015.” This program is designed for attorneys and human resources professionals at all levels, including those who are new to the employment law arena or seeking a refresher. Whether you are new to the field, seeking a quick refresher, or if your law practice only touches upon employment law issues, this jam-packed employment law primer is designed for you.
What You Will Learn:
• Review the latest developments under the major employment law statutes and regulations, (e.g. FLSA, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, WARN Act, OFCCP, and GINA) and discuss potential changes that will impact the workplace
• Identify the agencies responsible for regulating the workplace and recent enforcement trends and initiatives
• Understand common sources of discrimination in the workplace and best practices for preventing them
• Learn how to define the employer/employee relationship: employees vs. independent contractors, temporary and leased employees and explore joint employment issues
• Explore the most common wage/hour concerns and litigation trends
• Get the latest guidance on leaves of absence, including FMLA, ADA, military and other leave requests
• Hear highlights of the law under the NLRA and developments in the union and non-union workplaces
For more information and to register please click here.