Matthew A. Marcucci
Garden City, Long Island, NY
Fax: (516) 741-6706
Fordham University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2014
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., magna cum laude, 2009
New York State Bar Association
Nassau County Bar Association
The Theodore Roosevelt American Inn of Court
Fordham Law Alumni Association
University Barge Club, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
State of New York
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
Matthew A. Marcucci handles complex disputes for clients that run the gamut from publicly traded, multinational companies to middle-market and small businesses. He has broad experience in a variety of commercial matters, and has litigated actions involving claims alleging breach of contract, fraud, business torts, and intellectual property violations, as well as shareholder disputes and corporate dissolution proceedings, among others.
Notable experience includes:
- Represented a healthcare billing and collections company with dozens of significant clients in Long Island and the greater New York City region in multiple litigations, including obtaining judgment in the company’s favor worth nearly $3 million.
- Represented and counseled one of the world’s largest costume designers, manufacturers, and distributors, including in adversarial proceedings arising within the company’s Chapter 11 case. For this engagement, Meyer Suozzi won the Chapter 11 Restructuring of the Year Award for small to middle-market companies at the Global M&A Network’s 13th Annual Turnaround Atlas Awards.
- Represented one of New York’s Native American Indian nations in a complex litigation over the nation’s property rights, including the nation’s right to control its land in eastern Long Island. In March 2021, the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Second Department, ruled in favor of the nation in an opinion available here.
- Represented an information-technology and telecommunications company with operations in more than thirty countries in multiple litigations at the trial- and appellate-court levels, including defending against breach of contract and business tort claims.
- Represented a public utility company in connection with a land dispute involving multiple stakeholders with complex property interests, including prosecuting a litigation to protect the utility’s rights and assets.
- Represented a leading New York lobbying firm and its principal in litigation, including briefing and arguing a successful summary-judgment motion that resulted in the dismissal of claims alleging fraud and seeking punitive damages.
- Represented a group of supermarket and real-estate companies in the greater New York City region in a corporate dissolution proceeding, including drafting post-trial briefing with which the court agreed in refusing to dissolve the companies.
- Represented a Canada-based law firm in litigation seeking to domesticate a money judgment in New York rendered by a Canadian court in the law firm’s favor. A description of this successful representation now appears in the official supplemental practice commentaries of New York’s statutory civil procedure law.
- Represented an online marketing and advertising company in a seven-day federal jury trial in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, where the jury rendered a verdict in the company’s favor on multiple counts of defamation.
Mr. Marcucci has received numerous accolades for his legal successes. He has been named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters publication) each year since 2018, and he shares this distinction with no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in each state. In February 2020, Mr. Marcucci received the Long Island Business News’ 40 Under 40 Award.
990 Stewart Avenue, Suite 300
Garden City, NY 11530
1300 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036