Edward J. LoBello
Garden City, Long Island, NY
Fax: (516) 741-6706
Fax: (212) 763-7031
Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 1981 State University of New York Albany, B.A., magna cum laude, 1978
Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Committee on Bankruptcy Reorganization
Theodore Roosevelt American Inn of Court
ERASE Racism College of Advisors
New York State
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
Edward J. LoBello is the Chair of the firm’s Bankruptcy & Business Reorganization Department. He also practices in the Corporate Finance and Litigation & Dispute Resolution groups located in Garden City, NY and in New York, NY. Mr. LoBello concentrates his practice on business restructuring, bankruptcy reorganizations, work-outs, corporate finance, creditors’ rights and related litigation.
For 15 consecutive years, Mr. LoBello is rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest level of professional excellence. In 2019 and 2021, Mr. LoBello was recognized as one of the Long Island Herald’s Top Lawyers of Long Island. For each year from 2012 through 2021, he was recognized by New York Super Lawyers.
Notable experience includes:
- Counsel to Debtor in Possession in Rubie’s Costume Company, Inc.
- Receiver and Estate Fiduciary for National Events of America, Inc. and New World Events Group, Inc.
- Receiver of J.B.J. Construction Corporation
- Conflicts counsel to Chapter 15 Foreign Representative in Mexicana Airlines
- Counsel to Chapter 15 Foreign Representative in Berau Capital Resources PTE Ltd. and CFG Investment S.A.C.
- Counsel to Debtor in Possession in China Fishery Group Limited and US Gen New England, Inc.
- Counsel to Liquidation Trustee in Movida Communications
- Counsel to Committee Chair in Hipcricket, Inc., DeWitt Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Inc., Metro/Atlantic Express, and Tana Seybert, LLC
- Counsel to Committee member in Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Counsel to Committee in JJT Energy, LLC
- Counsel to Non-Debtor Affiliate in Inner City Media Corporation
- Co-counsel to Union Retirees in Chrysler and GM
- Counsel to Prepetition Receiver and Chief Restructuring Officer in HRH – Atlantic, LLC
- Counsel to Indenture Trustee in Innovative Stone, LLC
- Counsel to Prepetition Lenders in numerous bankruptcy cases
- Counsel to Defendants in preference and other avoidance actions in numerous bankruptcy cases including Circuit City Stores, Eastman Kodak, Steve & Barry’s, Visteon, American Home Mortgage, Lyondell Chemical, Value City, North General Hospital, Innovest Holdings, LLC , Grubb & Ellis, 3 Day Blinds, Inc., The Standard Register Corporation, and ITT Educational Services, Inc.
- Counsel to Landlords in numerous bankruptcy cases including Blockbuster, Champion Motor Group, Inc., Getty Petroleum Marketing, Inc., Betsey Johnson LLC, Ziff Davis Inc., American Medical Utilization Management Corporation and Federation Employment and Guidance Service, Inc.
- Counsel to Union and Pension Fund in The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc. (I)
- Counsel to Key Suppliers in Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., The Standard Register Corporation, Solutia, Inc., Global Crossing, Ltd., and Toys R Us
- Counsel to Insurance Company in A.P. Green Industries, Inc.
- Counsel to Mortgagee of commercial property in various cases
- Counsel to Municipality in The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc. (II) and Allegria Hotel
- Counsel to Asset Purchaser in 19 Mad Park, LLC d/b/a SD26 Restaurant & Wine Bar, and A.L. Eastmond & Sons, Inc.
- Counsel to Lenders, Purchasers and Debtors in numerous Manhattan restaurant/hospitality cases
In 2018, Mr. LoBello authored the Local Bankruptcy Rules Toolkit (Eastern District of New York) published by Thomson Reuters’ Practical Law. The online publication compiles key resources for attorneys in the practice of bankruptcy law in the Eastern District of New York, including applicable statutes, rules, court procedures, and practice notes. In addition, Mr. LoBello recently co-authored a book published by Westlaw entitled “Examiners in Bankruptcy Cases: A Guide for Examiners, Courts and Practitioners” in conjunction with the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. LoBello was a Partner in the New York City office of a national law firm where he represented all major constituents in bankruptcy cases including debtors in possession, creditors’ committees, committee members, institutional lenders, trade creditors, landlords, insurance companies, equipment lessors, asset purchasers, and preference defendants, among others. Mr. LoBello has represented clients in numerous large and significant Chapter 11 cases, including Chrysler LLC, General Motors Corp., Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., Compania Mexicana de Aviacion, S.A. de C.V., Delta Air Lines, Inc., Solutia, Inc., A.P. Green Industries, Inc., US Gen New England, Inc. and Global Crossing, Ltd., to name but a few.
990 Stewart Avenue, Suite 300
Garden City, NY 11530
1300 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036