Garden City, Long Island, NY
Fax: (516) 741-6706
Fax: (212) 239-1311
New York Law School J.D., 2000
New York University B.A., 1997
Long Island Children's Museum, Board Member
Nassau County Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
New York State
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
Alexander Berger is a Member of Meyer, Suozzi, English & Klein, P.C. and is Chair of the firm’s Real Estate Law group located in Garden City, New York. Mr. Berger represents land proprietors and developers in all aspects of transactional real estate, including the management, construction, acquisition, disposition and financing (construction, acquisition, joint venture and mortgage conduit loans) of commercial properties regionally and nationwide.
In addition, Mr. Berger represents landlords and tenants in all types of commercial real estate lease transactions including space leases, “big box” leases, ground leases and build-to-suit leases. He regularly drafts and negotiates letters of intent, brokerage agreements, and leases and subleases for landlords and tenants.
In 2019, Mr. Berger was recognized as the Long Island Herald’s Real Estate Achievers and Leaders Commercial & Real Estate Attorney.
Mr. Berger also has extensive experience in structuring and facilitating like-kind exchanges under IRC §1031.
Notable experience includes:
- $67 million sale of multi-family property located in Brooklyn, NY.
- $58 million acquisition and ancillary securitized financing of portfolio properties located in Woodbury, MN; Texarkana, TX; Joliet, IL and St. Augustine, FL.
- $15 million construction financing of townhouse development located in Freeport, NY.
- $10 million refinance of country club property located in Long Island, NY.
- $36 million acquisition and ancillary securitized financing of multi-family property located in League City, Texas.
- $9 million refinance of multi-family property located in Salisbury, Maryland.
- Acquisition and disposition of multi-family, warehouse, office and retail properties located throughout Manhattan, Long Island, Queens and Brooklyn, NY.
- Regional leasing on behalf of international coffeehouse chain and national organic supermarket chain.
Prior to joining Meyer Suozzi, Mr. Berger was a Partner in the Real Estate practice group at Westerman Ball Ederer Miller Zucker & Sharfstein, LLP. Mr. Berger is fluent in Russian.